Internationalizing Master Programmes in Agriculture via English Medium Instruction
(IMPROVE _AGRO) (2020-2023)
Program: Erasmus +
Key action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action: Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education (CBHE)
Action Type: Joint projects. Curriculum Development
The name of the project: Internationalizing Master Programmes in Agriculture via English Medium Instruction - IMPROvE _AGRO
Project Number: 609563-EPP-1-2019-1-DE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Project implementation period: 01/15/2020 - 01/14/2023
The project is aiming at strengthening regional cooperation in the area of educating specialists for Agriculture and Forestry, via internationalizing Master programmes and development of inter-institutional partnership between Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Russia.
The goal is defined by the need for modernization and increase in quality of higher education in the partner countries, bringing professional knowledge and skills to international quality standards and meeting the demands of national and regional labor markets. In this way, the project will address major issues of sustainability and environmental security in the regions.
The project will integrate efforts of universities and companies in Germany, Greece, UK, Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Russia.
The goal of the project is: to contribute to modernization and increase the quality and availability of higher education in Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Russia via internationalizing Master programmes in Agriculture and Forestry by bringing them to the EU quality standards, introducing English Medium Instruction (EMI) and blended learning delivery.
Specific Project Objectives (SPO)
Contribute to development of a new model for internationalising Master programmes in the area of Agriculture and Forestry based on English Medium Instruction (EMI) and blended learning delivery.
Enhance teaching capacities at the PC HEIs via re-training staff and modernising teaching resources using a multidisciplinary approach.
Design a trans-institutional e-platform for master students to improve access to teaching/learning resources internationally.
Create potential for internationalization via increasing international academic mobility.
- Consultations with relevant professional and administrative organisations to coordinate their needs and ensure high quality of the educational product.
- Delivering staff development courses for the partner countries’ participants.
- Developing and implementing new modules for the Master curricula, to be delivered via English Medium Instruction (EMI) and blended learning, corresponding to international quality standards.
- Academic Mobility.
- Designing and maintaining an e-learning capacity.
- Management and quality control activities.
- Dissemination of results
On behalf of the EC: Prof. Dr. Matthias Hutz, University of Education, Freiburg, Germany.
On behalf of the partner countries: Dr. Dr. h.c. Galina V. Telegina, Tyumen State University.
- Freiburg University of Education, Germany
- Aston University, Birmingham, UK
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Tyumen State University, RF
- Altai State Agricultural University, Barnaul, RF
- Krasnoyarsk State Agrarian University, RF
- Kazakh National Agrarian University, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- S. Toraighyrov Pavlodar State University, Kazakhstan
- Mongolian University of Life Sciences, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- National University of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- LLC “Centre for Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering”, Tyumen, RF
- Tobolsk Complex Scientific Station, Tobolsk, RF
|"The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein."|